Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A big eye roll from atop my X-mas soap box

I am soooooo over the self-righteous, self-appointed christmas cops who go around getting their panties in a wad about people who use X-mas and wish Happy Holidays. FOR REAL. I'm not even going to go into the whole X is a symbol for Christ argument here... we're just going to put it like this: Yes, I love Jesus. Yes, I am aware he is the 'reason for the season'. I am also aware that my beliefs and celebrations are not the only ones going on in this entire world. In fact quite a few people i meet on a daily basis have beliefs that differ from mine, so why would I want my good cheer to exclude them? I am celebrating Christmas and I love Jesus, but i kinda feel like Jesus doesn't wish ill on those who don't and so He's okay with me wishing them a Happy Holiday and spreading cheer because of him... even if i am not throwing his name in other people's faces. So there you have it. Don't judge me because I Wish you a Happy Holiday instead of a Merry Christmas... and for goodness sake I am not 'taking Christ out of Christmas' because I use abbreviations. No one needs the guilt trips or the judgment.
And with that... I want to wish each and every one of you the Merriest X-mas and Warm Happiest of Holidays wherever and however you are celebrating this season! Woot!

No comments: