Friday, November 13, 2009

Delays

It looks like culinary school is a no go becuase I can't come up with the funds and I can't justify clearing out my savings for it. I am really disappointed, but I guess I have plenty more years of my life to learn to cook... and maybe when I do finally get myself in school I will have convinced my significant other that he does, in fact, want to eat things I make.
In other news: We shopped and registered for fine china (tableware) last night, and it was one of the happiest days of my life. Only SLIGHTLY dampered by dear darling FI telling me the whole time, this is so expensive, this is really pointless, no one is going to buy us fine china. He obviously doesn't understand how this works.... so don't try to rain on my parade because registering for china is one of those little girl dreams I have been looking forward to all my life. (As far as I am concerened it is one of the MAIN reasons to get married.) I don't even care if not a single person feels inclined to indulge my expensive taste in tableware for a wedding gift. The point is: I WILL get it... eventually. Even if i have to buy it for myself... if I have to spend the next 12 years collecting it piece by piece. Thats kind of how it works. China is not an instant gratification kind of thing. Try explaining that to Fiance. He didn't get it.
To his credit, he did admit he kind of enjoyed the experience... not because he found it interesting or satisfying (as I did) in any way. But he said, "It was fun for me to watch you get so excited." Awwww... even if he was lying through his teeth he still got bonus points for that one. Good work, Zachary!

No comments: