Thursday, July 22, 2010

StressBrush

I know it sounds weird, but I keep a toothbrush at work for days like today. When the place it going crazy and the phones won't stop ringing three at a time and coworkers are not being thoughtful, or helpful, or polite, and the majority of them flat out aren't here...
I keep a toothbrush and a travel size tube of toothpaste in a case in the back of my drawer. And I pull out my little case, grab my can of clorox wipes, and walk into the bathroom. (I share a bathroom with a bunch of males at work, so it is generally yucky. I start by wiping down the sink, and any other area I may touch with the clorox wipes.) I pull out the brush and the paste, I wet the brush, apply the paste and go to town on my teeth... because there are just so many things that I can't deal with when my teeth are sticky and my mouth is warm. Blehck. So I scrub scrub scrub all the goo off my teeth and use that time to take a few deep breaths to calm my nerves. Then I rinse, re-case my supplies, and wash my hands... all while trying to touch as few surfaces as possible in the bathroom. I walk back to my desk, and use the hand sanitizer.
I am now cool calm and collected and ready to deal with whatever they throw at me next. It's a good 2-minute re-group to get me through harried days. Yup... I brush my teeth at work. gross, huh?

No comments: