Friday, November 12, 2010

No crying over spilled... ornaments.

I let the theatre borrow my Christmas decor for the production of Annie this summer. Mostly they just used the red ornaments on the tree... but the tree was huge, and hard to put together and then take down. And the the person who took the tree down was super clumsy and dropped about half of my ornaments on the floor... and they shattered. (Okay, the clumsy person taking the tree down was me. Happy now?). So I have very few red ornaments for my lovely red and gold Christmas tree... and... I should probably be more torn up about it than I am. Because... now I have to buy new ornaments for my tree. Oh, darn.
I was out with my husband last night and gleefully informed him that I was going to have to shop for all new red ornaments for our tree. My plan is to buy sparkly ones... lots of glitter. The more sparkles the better! Z is lobbying for something more subdued, less sparkle, more understated manly-ness. He obviously doesn't understand the true meaning of Christmas.

4 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

Oh my gosh - that is the most hysterical confession ever! Here I was ready to be annoyed with some clumsy person .... except the clumsy one was you! Love it!

Have fun shopping!

Rebecca said...

you could always glitter them up yourself. You know how I feel about ANY project involving glitter :)

Cara Blair said...

The meaning of christmas is glitter? I want a christmas like yours! My family could learn something about that.

Derin Beechner (Durk Niblick) said...

"He obviously doesn't understand the true meaning of Christmas." Nor marriage.