Sunday, July 26, 2009

I'm really not a 'moment' kind of person

It happened. I walked into a bridal shop a little tired and not looking forward to stuffing myself into another 15 dresses just to feel indecisive and a little self conscious... but then it happened. I put on a dress and I walked out of the dressing room and I immediately liked what I saw in the mirror. My sister, best friend, and the dressing room attendant all confirmed that it was perfect. They put on the veil and the pearls and I just stood there for the longest time staring at myself. I took it off, and tried on a few more dresses just for the sake of comparison, and we did find a dress that was a close second... so then I was torn and studying my reflection closely and cataloguing all my like and dislikes about each of the two dresses. They stuck a veil on my head... and really, I know I sound vain, but the effect was just stunning. So now I was REALLY torn. And I started to feel a little stressed and I got a little sweaty. So we took a little break and then I put the first dress back on...
and this time when I stood up on the platform and peered into the mirror... I was standing in this beautiful gown, complete with veil and accessories, looking absolutely classic and beautiful... and I FELT classic and beautiful. And I had a little moment-- and I'm not a moment kind of person-- but I got just the tiniest bit misty. I didn't think anyone noticed, but the dressing room attendant caught me-- and said: I think you just made your decision.
Yeah I did.
So I bought my wedding dress today... and there is this strange sort of high that follows that kind of significant purchase (One that the fiance totally could not comprehend), and i am still riding on that... because it is now 2:30 and I can't sleep to save my soul. So I think I will go put my dress on the dress form in the sewing room and admire how pretty it is...

No comments: