Monday, July 27, 2009

A year of living dangerously happy

Yes, I am quoting Carbon Leaf again... I just can't help it, not only are they one of my favorite bands but they have such clever lyrics that seem to stick with me... or make an impact at just the right time.
On their newest album, Nothing Rhymes With Woman, they have a song called The Lake of Silver Bells. As best as I understand it, it tells about a sort of dream world... but their songs are always open for interpretation (Every girl in the world has a horse??? What DOES that mean???) Anyway, one line in the song talks about a 'year of living dangerously happy'... I liked that idea: living dangerously happy. It makes a lot of sense. When you get to a place where you truly allow yourself to be happy, you also have to be a little bit vulnerable. And thats a little bit dangerous. Maybe a lot dangerous at times. But I spent a lot of years being safely miserable, sooo...
It was time for something different. A little over a year ago I decided to live a little bit dangerously in search of happiness. I didn't wait long before I found it, and...
Next weekend (august 2) is the 1 year anniversary of the day I met Zachary, my fiance. It's been a great year. Not perfect, but one of the happiest of my 24 so far. So when I heard the lyrics to that song I thought... hmmm... yeah, thats fitting right now. We've been living this year dangerously happy. I really am so happy with him. And I love that. And I love a little bit of danger... I love being so blessed and so loved and so happy.
I kinda get that it's not always rainbows and daisies, but it's a choice to still be happy and look for joy during worse times. Which is where the danger comes in... because it hurts to make that choice sometimes, right? Regardless, thats how I want to live.
Here's to another 'year of living dangerously happy'!
(Thanks again, CL)

No comments: