Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vendors, please take note.

I have been awaiting a reply from the band for our reception. I had some interesting special requests for them, so I was a little nervous their answer might be, "No, that's not possible." But to try to make their life easier and perchance help persuade them to accommodate my requests, I sent them a very thorough, very detailed (very LONG) email explaining my desires.
Most of the time, in response to emails of this sort I receive rather insincere responses like, "Wow, that was a lot of info!" And I get the distinct feeling that people don't appreciate my organization and micro-managing. Plus they usually end up asking several questions that the answers to were in previous, long, detailed email... I have to wonder if they think I am typing for my own health and dexterity, or if there was some other reason why they opted not to fully read the info I sent them?
However, today's response from the band was the most perfectly stated, appropriate response I have received from a vendor throughout this whole wedding process. Here is the response, in it's entirety:

Valerie,
We can do that. I’ll forward the songs to the band. Thanks for being so detailed!


AH! Perfect answer! They get a gold star.

1 comment:

Derin Beechner (Durk Niblick) said...

I write email books as well. It is a HUGE pet peeve when I think I have written an email that covers everything completely and I still get questions that the email plainly answers. Look, I spent the time and effort to think of everything, to answer everything, READ THE EMAIL!