Monday, January 10, 2011

Pity, party of one?

Sooo... a friend posted THIS LINK on facebook today. I bit-- checked out the link, read the short article...
And there you go, a challenge that must have been hand picked for me today.
I need to be honest. It's been a challenging 7.5 months. An even more challenging past 2 months. And an even more challenging weekend. It's been lonely, frustrating, and easy to justify self-pity.
BUT...
I have been learning recently about how to live more intentionally. Challenging myself to learn when to say no, and when to say yes. Trying to be proactive instead of re-active to the unhappy circumstances in life... and figuring out how to live without falling into a trap of lonliness and self pity.
And then I read "...and [your spouse] should never be lonely." 
Which is what I needed today to challenge me to be a better wife.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Good article. It's crazy how everything changes, huh? Love you, girl!