Monday, September 21, 2009

Whats in the box?

I took a 3" cube box into the post office today. I needed to overnight it to Iowa. I filled out the correct forms and was standing at the counter. Oh, and I need to insure this package. "Well, it comes with insurance for up to $100, do you need more than that?" Chuckle. Yes. "How much do you need to insure this package for?" Three thousand two hundred and twenty five dollars. (incredulous look) "Whats in the box?" An Eye. "No really?" A prosthetic eye. She scoffs. "I didn't even know there was such a thing." Well, there most definitely is, I have had such a thing in my head for almost 20 years. "I couldn't even tell." Thats why it's three thousand dollars... so the lady at the post office never knows. "Yeah..."
Yeah.
I guess thats the first eye she has shipped in a while.

No comments: