Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Dam House

"You know what I love about John? I think his inability in spell allows him to candidly express his true opinion of his job."
My job frequently includes correcting the spelling and grammar on the paperwork the guys in the field turn in. It's not that it needs to be perfect, but it needs to be legible.On their paperwork the guys have to include the location of the work, but on the occasion that there is not a specific address or they don't know the address the use the closest street name or defining landmark such as "the lake house", "Black St. House" or "Water Tower Job". Which brings us to today's instance when I walked into my boss' office after editing some paper work and said: "You know what I love about John? I think his inability in spell allows him to candidly express his true opinion of his job." And... pointed out at the top of the page where it clearly stated he had been working at "THE DAMN HOUSE" that day.
We all got a good chuckle... and now I have to call John and tell him how to spell DAM, so he will not make the mistake of being so candid in the future. Hmmm...
***names have been changed to protect the illiterate.

No comments: