Monday, June 7, 2010

Baptism and Weddings

Sooo... you know how when you go to a baptism, and they throw water at you and say 'Remember your baptism'? I think they should do the same at weddings... throw stuff at you and tell you to 'Remeber your wedding vows'.
It's corny, I know... (I'm a little that way) but I think that now that I am married (a whole two weeks) and have a summer scheduled full of weddings, weddings might be a little more special now. Because every wedding I go to, I am going to remember my own, and how much fun we had, and how excited I am for the couple because married life is just great! But mostly I think attending a wedding is a great time to remember the vows that you made, and maybe in a small way, recommit yourself to them each time.
But thats just my take on it. And... I don't think I will see anyone throwing water at the crowd at their wedding anytime soon-- but if I had thought of it before... I TOTALLY would have at my wedding!

No comments: